Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Charity boxing event returns
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- August 31st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 3rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Charity boxing event returns|
The 2010 Battle of the Badges will held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Monroe Civic Center Arena.
The event pits policemen and firemen against one another to raise money for charity.
Unlike past years, the sides will be fighting for a single cause this year. The entire proceeds from each bout will go to the J.R. Searcy Scholarship Fund at the School of Criminal Justice at the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Searcy was killed in the line of duty during an altercation in western Ouachita Parish.
In addition to the fighters who were announced previously by the promoters, a pair of female fighters has signed on to the card. Kylie Guillotte, an officer with the Ouachita Parish Sherriff's Office and Dayna Laffoon of American Medical Response will compete. At least 10 different parish departments will be represented on the card.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!