Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Father's Day!
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- June 29th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2010 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- June 23rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 22nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 17th, 2010 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 15th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 10th, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- June 8th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 6th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- June 4th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- June 2nd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 1st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
Mother's Day…just passed…and Father's Day…just ahead…are really special time for families. Everyone who is paying attention can see the sad decline of family life in America. This will eventually destroy our homes, our culture, and our nation ... just as surely as it did the Roman Empire. This fact does not need to be a "death-song", but rather a "wake-up" call!
At the very heart of this situation is the father. God invented the idea of "Fatherhood", and made Himself our heavenly Father. Then He passed on to human fathers the charge to be what He created us to be. He said: "Fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
Today, we desperately need fathers like Joshua, a great man of God, who laid it our very clearly…"Choose ye this day whom you will serve…but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." He clearly took to heart the responsibility for himself and his children.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.