Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Get more out of life with smiles
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 48 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 16th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 12th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 52 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 5th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Get more out of life with smiles|
I thought that since my column had been on the serious side for a few weeks that I needed to lighten up a little this week. A recent health study determined that there are three primary reasons people can't cope in life. They have a low self-esteem. They live in the past. Or they don't laugh enough. Let's work on No. 3 today.
The following comments actually appeared in various church bulletins: 1. Don't let worry kill you — let the church help. 2. Thursday night — Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow. 3. Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
One gentleman thought that he would get one leg up on his friend by outwitting him. He said to his friend, "Tell them all you know. It won't take long." To which his friend quickly replied. "Tell you what. I'll tell them what we both know. It won't take any longer."
For the full column, see Page 6A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing email@example.com.