Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OPSO schedules cadet sessions
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 48 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 16th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 12th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 52 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 5th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OPSO schedules cadet sessions|
Area youth interested in law enforcement have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business in an upcoming cadet academy at the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office rifle range in western Ouachita Parish.
The Sheriff's Office will once again offer a one-week summer program for area youth.
According to Marky Tucker at the Sheriff's Office, the program is "designed to provide a working knowledge and background of law enforcement in Ouachita Parish and to foster a closer relationship between our agency and the youth of our community. It provides an avenue for community involvement and provides first-hand experience of keeping the peace."
Three one-week cadet academy sessions will be held. The first session will be held June 7-11; the second session, July 19-23; and the final session will be Aug. 16-20.
Youth interested in attending the cadet academy must be 10 to 12 years old and have transportation to and from the academy. Participants must be physically fit enough to enjoy physical training and defensive tactics. Participants must be recommended to the Sheriff's Office by their school principal by letter.
For the full report, see Page 3A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.