Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: 'Ballet Under the Stars' this weekend
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 48 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 16th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 12th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 52 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 5th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|'Ballet Under the Stars' this weekend|
Twin City Ballet Company's annual "Ballet Under the Stars" will be held Friday, April 16, and Saturday, April 17, in the beautiful setting of West Monroe's Kiroli Park Amphitheatre.
The popularity of "Ballet Under the Stars" grows each season and seating is limited. An abbreviated performance will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday and is free with admission to Kiroli Park.
Cherri Barnett's aptly titled piece "Epiphany" highlights five ballerinas seemingly floating across the stage — grace on display. With Thru Light and Sound, Joe Istre delivers yet again. This contemporary work defines Istre as one of the country's most talented and cutting-edge choreographers and this latest piece — which was performed by TCBC at the Regional Dance America / Southwest Festival in San Antonio, Texas last weekend — received accolades from dance aficionados from across the Southwest.
Combining a vocabulary of quirky dance steps with classical music, Leaia Alsup's Beyond Bach showcases her clever choreography and wry sense of humor. In Street Song, Kelli Barclay paints a picture of the many facets of life in the Big Apple. This dynamic piece moves from nostalgia to celebration with amazing interpretations and energy.
For the full report and photos, see Page 9A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.