Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Weekly devotional and church listings: April 15, 2010
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- April 29th, 2010 (Thursday) - 48 articles
- April 28th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 23rd, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 21st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- April 16th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 15th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- April 14th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 12th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 8th, 2010 (Thursday) - 52 articles
- April 7th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 5th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2010 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Weekly devotional and church listings: April 15, 2010|
By ANDY GRANT
Over 36 years ago I lost my mother to a kidney disease. She was in and out of the hospital and, the best I can remember; it rained everyday during the last few days of her life. I remember well the last remark she made to me and it was, "I wish the rain would stop for just a little while."
I'm not sure she said that only to me because she had been praying for the rain to subside also.
Mom was 54 years old when she passed away. The rains continued through that day and the next day when she was buried it stopped. It was a great relief to us that the Lord heard her prayers, and ours, and held the rain for us to have her funeral and bury her.
The Lord always provides when we ask Him to help us. The answer or remedy that He gives us may not be what we wanted but the Lord will always hear and answer your prayers.
For the full report, see Page 13A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.