Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Are you prepared for Daylight Saving Time?
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2010 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Are you prepared for Daylight Saving Time?|
Yes, here we are again at the "Spring forward in the Spring" time. Since it happens to be the Sunday coming up, better set that clock or you'll be an hour late for church ... and then late for school ... late for work.
Saving time is a good thing, but what is time anyway? Well, there are several ways of looking at it. Time is something that, when it's gone, you can't bring it back ... and what is ahead you cannot pull into today. Another way of looking at it is "Today is the tomorrow you were thinking about yesterday." Then, there is another explanation which the Bible gives us. Time is something God started (Genesis 1:1-10) and will also stop (Rev. 10:6) Someone has described time as "a bubble in the level of eternity" ... something like the bubble in a carpenter's lever.
Now, however we look at "Time", it is one of those things God has given us ... and for which we will answer as to how we spent it. This being so, think about that wonderful old hymn, which you will find in most hymn books, titled "Hold To God's Unchanging Hand" ... it says:
For the full column, see Page 6A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.