Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage chats about food, friends, fun
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2010 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage chats about food, friends, fun|
"Beware of the ides of March"
Mike and I watched "Juda Ben Hur" the other night. We both had seen it years ago. They just do not make movies like that anymore. To think that Juda Ben Hur saw Jesus and witnessed the power, the glory and saw his miracles. The older you get and the more one knows, it means more to you. Having just returned from the Holy Land, recently, it made the movie really special. I know one thing, from travel and history, man has to be the cruelest animal on this earth. Fighting, killing and wanting what someone else has nothing seems to have changed.
Did you just love the Olympics? Loved it all but in the opening when the young man snow-boarded into the arena, was one of my favorites! The ice skaters were better than a Broadway play!
Last column, RAMONA'S MORNING GLORY MUFFINS, I somehow deleted the first three ingredients in the recipe. So sorry! Let's just do it again. They are worth it! Thanks to Alice and Skip Bell for catching this computer glitch. As I am no whiz on this machine, I'm sure I punched the wrong button!
See who and what Dianne Cage is talking about this week — and what she is cooking up in the kitchen — on Page 9A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.