Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Yes, America 'you've come a long way, baby'
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- March 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2010 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Yes, America 'you've come a long way, baby'|
We recognize the slogan, don't we? An attractive woman holding her cigarette for everyone to "See how far I've come."
Well, today we all know how far women(and men) have come ... toward shocking increase in deaths by cancer and other lung diseases. Now, before you say, "Yea, yea, I know" let's use that "You've come a long way baby" to apply to America.
This great nation has also "come a long way, baby" and too much of it has been downhill. Moral, ethical, social and spiritual decline are obvious to anyone paying attention. It reminds me of the 1940s and our shocked disbelief on how a whole nation of German people could allow a Hitler-controlled society to abort that vast multitude of Jews, simply because they did not want them in the human family. Yes, I did say "abort." Don't limit, or restrict, your definition of "abort" to a fetus. Check the dictionary and you will find one definition of what "abort" is: "To terminate prematurely." Now, how many of those Jewish people, murdered in an "ethnic cleansing" holocaust (could they speak) would say that their lives were "terminated prematurely"? How many professions, how many great contributions to humanity, how many family relationships, were "aborted" ("terminated prematurely")?
For the full column, see Page 6B of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.