Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: A thousand points of light
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- February 28th, 2010 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 12th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- February 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|A thousand points of light|
There are some people who light up a room when they enter and there are some people who light up the room when they leave. I enjoy meeting those who light up the room when they enter.
Some days I walk around with a dark cloudy mind that is messing up my day, but then I will meet an employee in a store who deposits bright rays of sunshine in every corner of my mind: their smile, their upbeat personality or their warm, welcoming tone of voice. All of those things can make my day brighter. An encouraging and inspiring attitude will change my day from dreary and lifeless to a day of joyful expectancy. This person changed me as if she had waved a magic wand and touched me. Her attitude is contagious. I leave thinking "what a warm, positive soul."
One such instance of someone who has a contagious attitude is a young lady who brightens my day as soon as I approach the counter in the pharmaceutical section at CVS. Her smile is warm and sincere. Her eyes sparkle when she speaks to me. She has a most engaging personality. She has the type of personality that makes you want to come back to be encouraged by her uplifting persona. I don't know how long she has been working at CVS, but she is positively an asset for her employer. Her name is Keiara Jenkins.
For the full column, see Page 6A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.