Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: God's word tells us all we need to know
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- February 28th, 2010 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 12th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- February 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|God's word tells us all we need to know|
Most of us remember the movie "The Passion of the Christ." As just about everyone knows, it is a very graphic and vivid portrayal of the last hours of Jesus Christ.
I found the movie to contain remarkable Biblical accuracy with a smattering of Catholic tradition. I found absolutely no hint of anti-Semitism. The Jewish priest hated Jesus and had him crucified ... but all of his followers, including the 12 apostles, were Jews. It wasn't anti-Roman — the Roman Governor found Jesus innocent — but allowed the Priests to crucify him.
Jesus lived about 33 years, or 12,000 days. We have record of only part of what Jesus did on about 50 of those days. John 20:30-31 tells us that Jesus did many other things than those written in the gospel. God's word tells us all we need to know, and among those things, the horrible way Jesus died. How helpless Jesus was, through those last agonizing hours ... helpless without God!
For the full column, see Page 6B of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.