Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Ga. authorities arrest man wanted for WM slaying
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- February 28th, 2010 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 12th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- February 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 3 articles
- February 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- February 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 1st, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Ga. authorities arrest man wanted for WM slaying|
Authorities in Columbus, Ga. arrested a the West Monroe man wanted in connection of the Jan. 15 homicide of Ervin Darrell Ausberry.
West Monroe Police confirmed Thursday afternoon that George Anthony Collier was arrested as a fugitive from justice by Columbus, Ga. authorities.
Local law enforcement will now begin the process of extradited Collier back to West Monroe.
A warrant was issued for Collier's arrest following the homicide.
Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office's warrant division would travel to Georgia to retrieve Collier if he doesn't waive extradition.
The Jan. 15th homicide was the first in the city of West Monroe since 2003.
According to West Monroe police detectives, police responded to a call of a shooting Friday, Jan. 15, around 1:30 a.m. at the residence located on 714 S. Ninth St.
When police arrived, they found Ervin Darrell Ausberry, 26, of Monroe, unresponsive outside the residence.
He was transported to St. Francis Medical Center where he was dead upon arrival.
The owner of the residence, David James Jackson, Jr., 29, also was transported to Glenwood Medical Center for blunt head trauma. He was treated and released.
According to detectives, Jackson and Ausberry were involved in an altercation at the residence.