Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Biedenharn hosts classical guitarist Peter Fletcher
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- January 28th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- January 26th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2010 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- January 22nd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 21st, 2010 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- January 20th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 19th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 14th, 2010 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- January 13th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 12th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 7th, 2010 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- January 6th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 5th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Biedenharn hosts classical guitarist Peter Fletcher|
The Biedenharn Museum & Gardens, in conjunction with the Ouachita Parish Public Library, proudly welcomes award winning classical guitarist Peter Fletcher to Monroe.
Fletcher will perform a 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 7, in the Fountain Room of the Biedenharn historic home. Admission is free. Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by calling 387-5281.
This concert will feature selections from Fletcher's 2008 CD release on Tower Hill Records: Music of the Baroque. Several other works will also be included.
Having begun guitar study at the age of seven under classical guitar instructor John Sutherland, Fletcher made his debut at the age of 15 under the auspices of The Brasstown Concert Association in North Carolina.
In 1990, the Music Teacher's National Association awarded Fletcher a prize at its National Level Competition. In 1995, he received the Master of Music degree from the Eastman School of Music under Nicholas Goluses, and was twice the recipient of an Eastman Graduate Award.
For a full schedule of upcoming events, visit www.bmuseum.org.
This story and a photo of Peter Fletcher can be found on Page 9A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.