Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LSU, Penn State meet in Capital One Bowl
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- December 31st, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 29th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- December 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 22nd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- December 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2009 (Friday) - 35 articles
- December 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 7th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|LSU, Penn State meet in Capital One Bowl|
The 13th-ranked LSU football team arrived in Orlando via charter flight on Saturday afternoon and the Tigers then went through an abbreviated practice in preparation for the 2010 Capital One Bowl against Penn State set for New Year's Day.
"We are excited to be in Orlando and look forward to the week ahead," LSU head coach Les Miles said. "Penn State is an outstanding football team and we respect the tradition of their program. Our players look forward to competing against a team the caliber of Penn State and in a New Year's Day bowl game that has significance. It was a great to be back on the practice field after the Christmas holiday. Our team is ready for the challenge ahead."
After a three-day break for the holidays, the Tigers departed Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport about 10 a.m. CT on Saturday and arrived in Orlando at 12:40 p.m. ET.
Upon arriving at Orlando International Airport, the coaching staff, players, staff and accompanying family members boarded seven buses destined for the Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld.
For the full report, see Page 5B of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.