Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: What if we turned thoughts from Scrooges to Cratchits?
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- December 31st, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 29th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- December 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 22nd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- December 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2009 (Friday) - 35 articles
- December 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 7th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|What if we turned thoughts from Scrooges to Cratchits?|
It is amazing that, even though some merchants begin mingling Christmas decorations among October's Halloween costumes, Christmas still seems to come and go so quickly. For some of us, we "muddle through some how." For others of us, "It's the most wonderful time of the year."
I, for one, choose the latter sentiment. I enjoy everything about the season; the songs, the movies, the goodies, and even the hustle and bustle. It's no surprise that my all-time favorite movie is "It's A Wonderful Life." This DVD stays on the shelf in our home all year long.
Ironically, if I don't watch the movie before Jan. 6, I have sadly missed my opportunity. I wonder what would happen if I watched "It's A Wonderful Life" in February or read "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens in July. Maybe 2010 will be the year I give it a try. Is it possible for an angel like Clarence to earn his wings among all of the Cupids? Could Scrooge actually find an ounce of compassion among all of the patriotism?
For the full column, see Page 6A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.