Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: BPW hosts wine tasting seminar
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- December 31st, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 29th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- December 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 22nd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- December 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2009 (Friday) - 35 articles
- December 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 7th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|BPW hosts wine tasting seminar|
Monroe/West Monroe Business and Professional Women will host a "Wine for Wisdom" wine tasting event on Thursday, Jan 28 from 6-8 p.m at Tonore's at 801 Louisville Avenue, Monroe.
Thirty different wines and appetizers will be served.
Tickets will be available at the door for $20 each and raffle for wine related items will also be held with tickets selling for $1 each or six for $5.
Proceeds raised will go to BPW's University of Louisiana Monroe (ULM) scholarship for non–traditional women students, which is managed by ULM Foundation.
Application period for the 2010-2011 scholarship (awarded in Fall, 2010) is Jan.18 to Feb. 26. For information on the scholarship, go to webservices.ulm.edu/foundation/scholarship.
Monroe/West Monroe BPW provides opportunities for networking, professional development, education, and community service for women in northeast Louisiana. The group has partnered with Dress for Success (Send One Suite Drive), Volunteers of American and Habitat for Humanity on local community projects.
Our mission is equity for all working women through education, information, and advocacy.
Monroe/West Monroe Business and Professional Women meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 11:30 to 1 p.m. at the Atrium on Louisville Ave. in Monroe for networking, lunch, and a program.
For more information about this event or the organization, call Peggy Wells, president at 665-5516 or Edna Haden, vice president at 372-5699.