Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: The House of Paynes
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- December 31st, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 29th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- December 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 22nd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- December 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 13th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2009 (Friday) - 35 articles
- December 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 8th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 7th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- December 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|The House of Paynes|
My cousins Don and Kay Lynn Payne lived on the Winnsboro Highway a few miles outside of Crowville. Uncle Jay and Aunt Kate were Don and Kay Lynn's parents. We visited them quite often.
Getting together was one thing the Payne family loved to do. I can remember watching the Detroit Lions play on Thanksgiving. We watched the game on a black and white television.
Doak Walker and Bobby Layne were the stars of the Detroit Lions. They were two of my favorite players. Bobby Layne wore number 22 which was a sacred number around our household. Daddy wore number 22. I wore number 22 and my son Beck wore number 22. Donna and I were married on the 22nd of September and our son Beck was born on the 22nd of January. Yes, the number 22 has always been an important number.
For the full column, see Page 6A of this week's Citizen.
Subscribe to The Ouachita Citizen, your locally owned newspaper since 1924, by calling (318) 322-3161, ext 201. A one-year subscription costs a low $25 for Ouachita Parish addresses. We honor senior citizens with a discounted $20 per year rate for parish delivery.
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.