Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Red Cross seeks cards for military
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- November 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- November 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- November 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- November 15th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- November 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 8th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- November 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- November 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Red Cross seeks cards for military|
The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes are excited to be joining forces for the third year to Send a Touch of Home to military service members, veterans, and their families in the United States and around the world. The Holiday Mail for Heroes program will feature the collection, sorting and distribution of holiday cards for service members, veterans and their families.
End Date: All cards must be postmarked no later than Monday, December 7th, 2009. Cards postmarked after December 7th cannot be guaranteed delivery and may be returned to the sender. This deadline ensures enough time to sort and distribute cards before the holidays.
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456.
• Ensure that all cards are signed.
• Make cards more meaningful to a wide variety of recipients by using "Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran" rather than any more specific language. Note: Cards addressed to specific individuals cannot be delivered through this program.
• Limit the number of cards to 15 from any one person or 50 from any one school class, business or group. If you are mailing a large quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.
• Do not send letters. Only cards are being accepted.
• Do not include e-mail or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
• Do not include cards with excessive amounts of glitter. Because cards may be received by wounded service members and veterans in hospitals, large quantities of glitter could aggravate existing medical conditions.
• Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
For more information, visit www.redcross.org today or call the Northeast Louisiana Chapter at 323-5141.