Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: P&S Surgical Hospital honored for quality of care
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- November 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 29 articles
- November 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- November 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- November 15th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- November 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 8th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 6th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- November 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- November 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|P&S Surgical Hospital honored for quality of care|
P&S Surgical Hospital the prestigious Summit Award for 2009 at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., Tuesday.
P&S was one of only 74 health care facilities in the United States to be honored.
The award was given to facilities that sustain the highest level of customer satisfaction – in the 95th percentile or above -- for three or more consecutive years. It was presented by Press Ganey & Associates, a company that partners with more than 10,000 health care facilities nationwide to measure and improve the quality of care. That process allows facilities to benchmark their results against peer organizations.
The Summit Award is the health care satisfaction industry's most coveted symbol of achievement bestowed annually.
"This is an extraordinary honor for P&S Surgical Hospital," said Linda Holyfield, president of P&S. "We have always worked to provide the highest level of quality care for our patients. With our smaller size we are able to focus on efficiency, competency and friendliness. This award certainly recognizes that effort."
P&S Surgical Hospital also was recognized recently by Consumer Reports on Health and rated No. 2 in quality of care among hospitals in Louisiana, two points shy of being named the best in Louisiana.
With its 4:1 registered nurse-to-patient ratio, P&S Surgical Hospital currently maintains an inpatient satisfaction of 99 percent.