Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rebels host Natchitoches for Homecoming '09
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Rebels host Natchitoches for Homecoming '09|
The top-ranked West Monroe Rebels (8-0, 4-0) come off a convincing 51-9 win over the Byrd Yellow Jackets to host the Natchitoches Central Chiefs (1-7, 1-3) during Homecoming festivities at West Monroe High School this Friday night.
Quarterback Paul Turner continued his fine season with 61 yards and two touchdowns rushing in the first half as well as an 18-yard touchdown pass to junior wide receiver Cody Stone that helped coach Don Shows earn his 300th career victory.
Shows began his career as the West Monroe head coach in 1989 after a succesful stint as the head coach at Pineville High School.
Six Class 5A state championships and five other appearances in the state championship game has come to West Monroe since his arrival at the school.
Sophomore quarterback Connor Osborne played the entire second half behind center for the Rebels and threw a 20-yard touchdown pass to Matt Bourgeois in the third quarter.
The game was also a coming-out party of sorts for sensational sophomore fullback Bubba Reeves.
Reeves lit up the Byrd defense for 121 yards and touchdown runs of three yards and 64 yards on just eight carries.
The West Monroe defense gave up just 159 yards of offense (90 rushing, 69 passing) and never let the Yellow Jackets cross the goal line during the contest.
The Natchitoches Central Chiefs are coming into this Friday's game having just picked up their first victory of the season by beating Pineville 19-3.
The win snapped a 17-game losing streak for the Chiefs and was their first district 1-5A victory since 2007.
Quarterback Robert Woodard leads the Chiefs in total offense and he was 7-of-14 for 100 yards and a touchdown last week. He also ran in a score for NCHS.
Justin Roberson is a favorite wide receiver target of Woodard. Roberson leads the team in receptions and also recorded a big 38-yard run against Pineville last week.
The leading rusher to watch for on the Natchitoches Central squad is Demard Liorens, followed by K.J. Aaron who picked up a short touchdown run for the Chiefs against Pineville.
While West Monroe may have recently decided to cut down on their practice time, they are still finding things to fine tune with the Class 5A playoffs beginning in two weeks.
"We still have some things to work on," West Monroe head coach Don Shows said. "We have some dropped passes we need to correct as well."
Kickoff at Rebel Stadium is scheduled for 7 p.m. Those not attending the game can listen on the radio as KLIP 105.3 FM will once again begin with their pre-game show at 6:30 p.m.