Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Chiefs look to bounce back
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Chiefs look to bounce back|
The West Ouachita Chiefs (2-6, 1-2 district 3-4A) will be at home this Friday night as they host the Franklin Parish Patriots (3-5,1-2) in a game that has major playoff implications for both teams.
"We have to win out," West Ouachita head coach Mitch Thomas said. "It is that simple. We made some mistakes as a team and as coaches that we must correct this week."
West Ouachita is coming off a 19-14 loss at Ruston in which West Ouachita blew a 14-0 first quarter lead in the district tilt.
The game ended on a sour note for the Chiefs. A fumble that appeared to slip through the hands of the Ruston quarterback and was subsequently picked up and returned for a go-ahead touchdown by West Ouachita was ruled not a fumble and Ruston kept the ball and ran out the clock.
Th Chiefs were led by senior quarterback T.J. Murphy who completed three-of-10 pass attempts for 123 yards including a 91-yard touchdown pass on a screen to running back Billy Minnifield in the first quarter at Ruston.
Murphy also opened the scoring on a one-yard touchdown run that would be the only points the Chiefs could muster.
Ruston rolled up 283 yards and two touchdowns rushing with most of it coming in the second half.
Ruston quarterback Colby Johnson also passed for a four-yard touchdown pass to Mario Howard in the fourth quarter to put Ruston ahead for good.
Franklin Parish is coming off a 42-9 loss to likely district champion and state championship contender Neville last week.
Neville rolled up 356 yards of total offense (187 rushing, 169 passing) compared to just 115 rushing and zero yards passing for Franklin Parish.
Franklin quarterback Tyler Roberts went 0-for-3 while Taylor Burch completed 10-of-15 pass attempts for 169 yards.
Noble Johnson continues to lead the Franklin Parish rushing attack from week to week.
The Franklin Parish defense closed out the scoring with under three minutes left in the game with a safety following a high snap from the Neville center.
ESPN 97.7 FM will broadcast the game live at 6:30 p.m. This will be the final home game of the season for the Chiefs.