Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Sterlington readies for Ferriday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Sterlington readies for Ferriday|
The Sterlington Panthers (3-5, 0-3 district 2-2A) host the Ferriday Trojans Friday as they look to scrape their way back into the win column following a fifth straight defeat last week.
The Panthers scrapped their way back into a district tilt with the Mangham Dragons last week only to see their effort fall short in a 27-21 loss.
Mangham built a sturdy 21-0 lead in the first half and looked to be straight on their way to victory when the Panthers made a move.
A Logan Dopson touchdown strike to Clint Branton started the rally for the Panthers and the comback continued when d'Mardrei Richardson found the endzone.
A Seth Parker touchdown for Mangham gave the Dragons a cushion that would quickly be dented by another Richardson touchdown jaunt in the fourth quarter.
Sterlington would get no closer thanks to a stubborn Mangham defense.
The string of losses dates back to Sept. 25 at Rayville and the Panthers are hoping the trend ends at home this week.
"It has been a lot of turnovers," Sterlington head coach Mike Collins said.
"The same kids that helped us to start 3-0 are the same ones that are not executing right now. People still bring their 'A game' against us because of the program's repuatation."
Now a chance for redemption shows up at Sterlington as Ferriday comes to town.
It certainly will not be easy. Ferriday comes in at 6-2, 2-1 in district 2-2A and just had a six-game winning streak snapped in a 27-24 loss to the up-and-coming program at Lake Providence.
"They have a huge offensive line," Collins said. "They have athletes and they have a really strong running game."
During the win streak the Trojans beat the likes of local squads Wossman (16-10) as well as Sterlington rivals Mangham (34-12) and Jonesboro-Hodge (6-3).
Kickoff at Panther Stadium is scheduled for 7 p.m.