Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Neville looks to claim district crown against Bastrop
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Neville looks to claim district crown against Bastrop|
The Neville Tigers are continuing to roll through all comers in Class 4A as they extended their win streak to five games Friday with a 42-9 defeat of the Franklin Parish Patriots.
Neville (6-1, 3-0 district 3-4A) gained a whopping 356 yards in the game. The Tigers rode the arm of all-star quarterback Taylor Burch who went 10-of-15 for 169 yards in the contest. Burch also rushed for a pair of touchdowns and the Tigers gained a total of 187 yards on the ground.
The Neville defense was swarming to the ball all night and stopped the Patriots short on every pass as Tyler Roberts of Franklin Parish went 0-for-3 passing in the game.
Noble Johnson recorded the only Franklin Parish score with a one-yard plunge into the end zone.
Ricco Pollard ran for 80 yards and a score on seven carries while O'Sha Ceaser added 60 yards and a score on six carries.
Jeremy Runner will no doubt be licking his chops to get more touches this week after carrying just two times for 26 yards against Franklin Parish.
Ian Levine continues to pace the wide receiver corps for the Tigers as he caught 76 yards on four catches and a touchdown for Neville.
Now the Tigers turn their attention to the Bastrop Rams (5-3, 1-2). Bastrop is having a rare season in which they are behind in the district standings and have to pick up one more win to be assured of a first-round home game in the playoffs.
This game has historically been the district championship game in years past. This time around the Tigers can claim the title with a win. Bastrop would have to win out and have Neville drop their regular season finale to Wossman to be able to claim a another district crown.
The times are a pleasent change for the Tigers who had to play second fiddle to the Rams for the last five years.
Bastrop has swapped quarterbacks and is now led at the position by sophomore Ditavious Ridgell. He had a 48-yard touchdown strike to DeAndre Sellers, a 12-yard score on a pass to Patrick Washington and a rushing touchdown to his credit last week against Wossman.
The Bastrop offense has had major problems holding onto the ball and sustaining drives this season. A pair of fumbles cost them dearly at Sweet Water, Ala., earlier this year. and three fumbles returned for a touchdown was the difference a week ago against Wossman.
Anthony Phillps is another young running back giving a spark to a banged up Bastrop offense.
Phillips rushed for 197 yards on 19 carries last week and is expected to be a star of the future for the Rams.
Neville will surely have confidence in their own rushing attack after seeing Wossman gash the Bastrop defense for 191 yards last week.
Star 101.9 FM will broadcast the game at Bill Ruple Stadium and kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.