Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Richwood hits road to battle Jags
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Richwood hits road to battle Jags|
The Richwood Rams (4-4, 2-1 district 2-3A) will travel to Madison Parish to battle the Jaguars Friday night.
The game will be a chance at redemption and a chance to erase the memory of last week's 48-36 loss to Rayville.
The loss to the Rayville Hornets snapped a three-game win streak for Richwood. The points were the first allowed in the month of October by the Richwood defense.
Richwood grabbed a quick 2-0 lead after a safety out of the back of the endzone on Rayville.
The Hornets quickly answered with 22 straight points, including three touchdown runs by running back Dontre Davis, to take a commanding 22-10 lead at halftime. Richwood running back Greg Hudson found the end zone on a 26-yard scamper to give Richwood their lone touchdown of the first half.
Richwood quarterback Anthony Abraham would lead a furious Richwood comback in the second half that included touchdown passes of 41 yards to Marcus Best and 69 yards to Marceis Davis.
LaDarrian Williams scooped up a Rayville fumble on the ensuing possession and raced 30 yards for a score, followed by a two-point conversion run by Best.
Rayville quarterback Phaquinton Lawson found the endzone on a three-yard scramble and Quinton Griffon returned a Richwood fumble 52-yards to pay dirt to seal the win for the Hornets.
Lawson rushed for 82 yards and three scores as well as passed for 251 yards.
Abraham completed three-of-15 pass attempts for 112 yards and two touchdowns.
Richwood faces a Madison team this week that is still searching for their first win of the season.
On paper, the game is a huge mismatch with Madison scoring six or less points in five of their eight games this season. By contrast, Richwood has had great success on offense the last few weeks.
The Jaguars are coming off a 34-12 loss at Caldwell last week and were shut out by a combined 61-0 in losses to Rayville and Carroll, two major Richwood rivals.
Kickoff in Tallulah is set for 7 p.m.