Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Sterlington looks to get back into win column
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Sterlington looks to get back into win column|
The Sterlington Panthers (3-4, 0-2) host the Mangham Dragons this Friday after a dissappointing 36-16 loss to Lake Providence.
The loss was the fourth consecutive defeat for the Panthers and their second consecutive district loss this season.
Montrell Hardman will be the biggest concern for the Sterlington defense as he plays some quarterback and wide receiver as a natural jack-of-all trades for the Dragons.
Mangham (4-3, 0-2) was on a roll with four consecutive victories coming into district play. Now they are on a three-game losing streak which saw the Farmerville Farmers torch them last week for 243 yards rushing and 89 passing in a 43-0 win for the Farmers.
The Dragons averaged almost 29 points per game during a mid-season stretch that saw them win four consecutive games.
Wins over Delhi Charter and Caldwell began the streak that also included a 38-27 win over LaSalle and a 30-15 victory over the Block Bears.
Sterlington is continuing to battle depth issues.
The frustrations mount mostly due to the fact that Sterlington is playing hard and making some plays, but at the end of the night, the wins have not shown up on the scoreboard.
With three games left in the regular season, neither team wants to be put out of the district race. The game will also be a big one as far as power points are concerned, since as many as four teams from district 2-2A generally get into the post-season.