Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS hosts Oak Grove
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS hosts Oak Grove|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles will attempt to cement themselves in the thick of the Class 1A list of contenders this week as they host the Oak Grove Tigers at Eagles Stadium Friday at 7 p.m.
OCS (4-3, 2-0) bounced back from a frustrating offensive showing against Delhi Charter two weeks ago by trouncing the Delhi Bears last Friday, 53-0.
The OCS defense was just as impressive in the win as the offense, limiting the Delhi offense to just 61 total yards on the evening.
The OCS offensive onslaught started with a 32-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Paul Michael Garner to Bo Harper.
Garner kept the football on the run on the ensuing OCS possession and scored from one-yard out to give the Eagles a 13-0 lead after one quarter of play.
OCS scored 21 points in the second quarter on their way to building a commanding 34-0 lead at halftime.
The OCS offense seems to be back on track after being held to under 20 points three times in the last five games.
OCS averaged 47 points per game in the first two games of the 2009 schedule.
Oak Grove (5-2, 2-0) has been on a tear the past month as they have averaged 38.5 points per game over the last four outings.
Senior quarterback Jimmy Pepmiller is the leader of the team and has engineered a ton of big drives for the Tigers the last two seasons.
Running back Kendrick Jackson leads the team in all-purpose yards and could be the biggest concern for the OCS defense. He ripped through Cedar Creek for 240 yards and four touchdowns last week and has done similar damage to Delhi and Sterlington in the past few weeks.
OCS could have the upper hand when they have the football if they can establish a solid passing attack.
Jordan Scelfo of Cedar Creek threw for 213 yards and three touchdowns on the Oak Grove secondary last week to show some hope for another good night of offense from the Eagles if the execution is intact.
KHLL 100.9 FM will have the live radio broadcast of the game beginning at 6:30 p.m. as well as a live stream at www.hillradio.com