Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: So long Purdue
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|So long Purdue|
Thank you, Purdue.
At least we won't have to worry about watching Ohio State in a BCS contest this season.
I would thank Southern Cal, but I would also have also thanked Notre Dame if they could have pulled that game out in the end.
Now we have to listen to Pete Carroll whine about not playing for a championship again.
OK, pick a hand. I have Florida behind my back in one hand and Alabama in the other.
Alabama certainly looks like the better team at this stage.
Texas certainly deserves the No. 3 spot. After that, shake them up and let them fall where they may.
It's been that crazy of a year. Oklahoma is as good as anybody in the country — with Sam Bradford at quarterback.
There are just too many good teams out there to lose your best player and expect to come out on top week after week.
Texas is unbeaten, but Colt McCoy has not been setting the world on fire with his play.
So who else is in the picture?
The Broncos may have lost some style points in a 28-21 win over Tulsa, but Boise is still smack in the center of the BCS title chase. The Broncos' schedule will work against them, along with the fact Southern Cal, Iowa and Cincinnati all could cash enough style points to pass BSU before the holiday season brings the one and only BCS poll that matters.
The Friday, Nov. 6 game at Louisiana Tech could be a spoiler for America's favorite underdog.
Cincinnati has Louisville for homecoming (was Ball State busy that night?) and hosts West Virginia and has to go to Pittsburgh.
Iowa still has a game at Ohio State, which is its toughest remaining game.
Then there's Southern Cal. There's the two Oregon teams left and UCLA. The Men of Troy will not lose another game.
Then there's unbeaten TCU.
With their weak schedule, one loss will do them in.
Why are these guys not in the Big 12?
And finally, we have LSU.
The Tigers certainly have destiny in their own hands.
But ol' destiny includes Alabama, Ole Miss and Arkansas.
And if the Tigers got by all three of those, there's Florida again.
A BCS game is not out of the picture. But THE BCS game will take something bigger than the Bluegrass Miracle. It's going to be fun to see how it all plays out. Something tells me there's going to be even more irate folks than usual in early December.
Joey Martin is sports editor of the Concordia Sentinel in Ferriday/Vidalia. The Concordia Sentinel is a sister publication of The Franklin Sun in Winnsboro and The Ouachita Citizen in Monroe/West Monroe. Martin can be reached by e-mailing email@example.com.