Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Frederick looks for win at Delhi
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|St. Frederick looks for win at Delhi|
The St. Frederick Warriors look to bounce back into the win column Friday when they travel to take on the Delhi Bears at 7 p.m.
Last week, the Warriors got into a muddy track meet with the Delhi Charter Gators and the Gators came out on the right end of things, 38-22.
A 12-0 deficit after the first quarter was too much for the Warriors to overcome and DCS running back Randy Julian powered over and around the St. Frederick defense.
Julian rushed for 196 yards and a score and Riccie Gray added 47 yards for the Gators.
Delhi Charter out gained St. Frederick 438-251 in total yards.
The Warriors fought back in the second quarter to make a game of it with long touchdown runs by Nicholas Leehy (69 yards) and Jake Johnson (57 yards). Jamar Owens scored on a touchdown run in the fourth quarter with a 57-yard jaunt.
A dejected Warriors team left points on the field with four fumbles that could have been their answer to the Gators' big night.
"We have way too many guys on both sides of the ball not making plays," St. Frederick head coach Paul Guerriero said. "We had way too many fumbles and there is no excuse for it."
The Warriors now prepare for a Delhi (3-3, 0-2) squad that is on a two-game losing streak that includes a 53-0 whipping at the hands of OCS last week and a 34-0 loss to Oak Grove the week before.
Donavan Gray and Lester McDowell lead the young but speedy Delhi offense that will be a good test for a St. Frederick defense looking for momentum against rushing offenses.
St. Frederick will be working hard to get healthy after three defensive starters were either out or limited against Delhi Charter.
Turf toe limited starting running back Jamar Owens to about half of the normal workload he would carry. Owens is expected to back near 100 percent The game will kickoff at 7 p.m. and those not able to attend can catch the game on the radio on 1680 AM.