Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OPSB's Wallace honored
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OPSB's Wallace honored|
Ouachita Parish School System employee Jimmy Wallace of Student Support Services recently received the Ellen King Gillentine Memorial Volunteer Award.
Presented at the annual Special Olympics Sports Award Banquet in Baton Rouge, the award recognizes individuals who are actively involved in promoting the Special Olympics Program through coaching, working on committees, raising money, and general volunteer work.
Wallace was nominated for the award for his 25 years of true commitment and dedication to athletes, coaches, families, and volunteers with the Special Olympics program in the Northeast Area.
Wallace served as volunteer area director of Area 8 for 10 years. After resigning as area director, he continued to work as a volunteer, fundraiser, coach, training school instructor, promoter and event organizer.
He was instrumental in getting facilities, volunteers, and donations for all of the area athletics (track and field), basketball, bowling, golf, and unified sports.
Wallace also helped bring the SOLA State Cycling and Golf competition to Monroe.
Wallace traveled to Lincoln, Neb., this summer with several Northeast area athletes to the Special Olympics National Invitational.
Jimmy Moon, a senior at West Monroe High School, won second place in the 2009 Special Olympics National Invitational Golf Tournament held in Lincoln.
Moon paired up with Wallace, in the Level 2 Alternate Shot Team Play. The pair shot a 51 on the first day, 58 on the second day, and a 58 on the final day which earned the silver medal.
Through his dedication to Special Olympics, Wallace is helping to organize an Area Management Team and will approach parish school officials to promote Project UNIFY which will impact 20,589 students in the public schools in 2009.