Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Gators, Warriors tangle
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Gators, Warriors tangle|
The St. Frederick Warriors (2-3, 0-1) look to bounce back from a 26-0 loss to Cedar Creek this week as they host the Delhi Charter Gators in the first-ever meeting between the new district rivals.
Sloppy field conditions and two turnovers — along with four additional fumbles that stayed with the Warriors — contributed to a long night offensively against the Cedar Creek Cougars.
Quarterback Nicholas Leehy ran 18 times for 64 yards and running back Jamar Owens added 35 yards on 14 carries in a contest that saw the Warriors mostly abandon the passing game due to the condition of the field. Leehy was just 1-of-8 passing the ball for 51 yards as St. Frederick hit on some big plays, each turned away by a stout Cedar Creek defense that would bend, but not break.
St. Frederick recorded just 165 yards of offense on the night.
The Delhi Charter Gators (2-4, 0-1 district 2-1A) will be attempting to bounce back from a messy outing last week against longtime Warrior rival, the Ouachita Christian School Eagles. Delhi Charter lost that game, 14-7.
Against OCS, Delhi Charter was in trouble from the beginning on a wet and sloppy field that slowed their vaunted rushing attack down in key situations.
After allowing a score on a long quarterback scramble by OCS, the Delhi Charter defense held tight the rest of the quarter and was able to keep the Gators in the contest until Delhi Charter got on the scoreboard with the rushing attack that has been their calling card for years.
All-district running back Randy Julian returned to the field last week after suffering a leg injury four games ago and added to his season totals with a long touchdown run that put the game at 14-7 where it would stay until the final whistle.
Julian was the top Delhi Charter offensive player on Friday and finished with 90-yards and one touchdown on 16 carries. Ricci Gray added 85 yards on 13 carries. Quarterback Gabe Robinson ran for 71 yards on 16 carries while completing 4-of-8 pass attempts for 42 yards for Delhi Charter. His pass completion numbers have risen by thirty-seven percent in the last week alone.
"Defensively we played well all night long," Delhi Charter head coach Bret Raley said. "Our defense would hold them then they would spring a run."
Delhi Charter will also be working to correct ball security issues from the last game as The Gators fumbled away the football three times against OCS.
Kickoff is at 7 p.m. Friday at St. Frederick.