Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks travels to CENLA
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|River Oaks travels to CENLA|
The River Oaks Mustangs (7-1) can win another district championship with a victory over CENLA Christian Academy when the two teams meet on the field at Woody Boyles Stadium this Friday at 7 p.m.
River Oaks is coming off an impressive 27-6 victory over longtime rival Riverfield Academy in Rayville this past Friday night.
Very wet and muddy field conditions contributed to a Mustangs first-quarter fumble that was returned 58-yards for a touchdown by Brad Rogers. River Oaks blocked the extra point kick to make the score 6-0 in favor of the Raiders.
River Oaks running back Vincent Moore scored on runs of 15 and 16 yards in the second quarter and a two-yard scamper into the end zone in the third quarter to total 66 yards and three touchdowns on just eight carries for River Oaks.
"The field was really wet," River Oaks head coach Robert Hannah said. "The offense took control of the game and the defense played real well for us."
The River Oaks defense limited Riverfield to 157 yards of total offense (149 rushing, 8 passing) as Riverfield quarterback Corbin Carter was limited to completing just 2-of-7 pass attempts for eight yards and one interception.
Carter is a dual- threat quarterback who was also held to just 50 yards rushing by the Mustangs.
River Oaks quarterback Ryan McGregor scored the final touchdown in the fourth quarter with a 12-yard run to close the scoring for the Mustangs.
McGregor turned in another solid performance as he ran for 68 yards and a score on 12 carries. He also completed 4-of-7 pass attempts for 58 yards and no interceptions.
This week, coaches will be looking to correct offside penalties and tackling miscues that plagued the Mustangs in the early going.
"We cannot be jumping offsides this week," Hannah said. "We have to line up right. On the defensive side we have to get out there and tackle better and keep competing."
Known for their solid rushing attack through the years, CENLA will be a team hungry for success after just one win this season.
"They are a team that keeps improving each week," Hannah said. "It is a real big game for us because we can wrap up the district with a win."
KMLB 540 AM will broadcast the game on the radio for those not able to attend this week.