Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LifeShare celebrates 30 years
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|LifeShare celebrates 30 years|
LifeShare Blood Centers celebrates its 30th anniversary this year as the organization recognizes the thousands of blood donors who've helped save thousands of lives over the past three decades.
The Monroe location of LifeShare Blood Centers celebrates 30 years of service to northeast Louisiana throughout October.
In the late 1970s, local community leaders and civic organizations rallied to help establish an independent blood center to serve the growing medical community of northeast Louisiana. LifeShare Blood Centers, then known as Louisiana Blood Centers of Shreveport, expanded its services to include satellite facilities in both Monroe and Alexandria in 1979.
The first Monroe facility was opened at 802 Jackson St. The second location was 615 Wood St. for 20 years.
In 2003, LifeShare relocated to 2909 Kilpatrick Blvd. The current facility is four times as large as the previous Wood Street location.
Since 2003, LifeShare has opened new collection facilities in Ruston, West Monroe and most recently in El Dorado, Ark.
Today, LifeShare Blood Centers not only provides blood components and collection services, LifeShare is the only affiliate for the National Marrow Donor Program in Louisiana, offering the entire state bone marrow donor registration through the "Be The Match" program.
Additionally, LifeShare opened the LifeShare Cord Blood Bank: The Public Cord Blood Bank of Louisiana in July, 2009.
Residents are urged to visit the Monroe Center and help celebrate the anniversary by donating the gift of life.