Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Goal mining begins with little seed
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Goal mining begins with little seed|
I have always loved this little poem. It says more in a few lines than a entire book written on the subject of mind power.
"I have this little robot/That goes around with me./I tell it what I am thinking/And I tell it what I see./I tell my little robot all my hopes and fears./It listens and remembers everything that it hears./At first my little robot followed my command/But after years of training, it's gotten out of hand./It doesn't care what is right or wrong,/Or what is false or true./ No matter how hard I try now./It tells me what to do!"
Your mind is just like a little computer. You program it for your desired results. If you are not the programmer, then someone else is. One way to make sure that you are the programmer of your mind is by using clearly defined written goals.
After you have gone through the process of writing down your goals, then it is time to make a plan for achieving these goals. If you do not plan, you are only a wishful thinker, or a wild dreamer, and your dreams will evaporate. Red Auerebach, the highly successful former coach of the Boston Celtics, said that you didn't win games as a coach during games; you win games as a coach before games.
When you first start writing down your goals, this is the first step toward the crystallization of an idea. You should have one specific burning desire to turn your goal into 24K gold. Until the point of writing down your idea, it is still a dream; a part of your imagination, still an idea; but the moment you write it down, you organize your thought processes into a reality — a seed — and the goal mining has begun. It is now real. You are ready to mine the mind.
A mind can never produce any gold until it has been filled with goals. Every great accomplishment, invention, achievement or product was first an idea. Then the idea was written down. It became specific and clearly defined. This action crystallized it. It is here that it begins its transition from goal to gold. It is these great riches (ideas) that turn your goal mind into truly your very own gold mine. As long as your "mind" is producing "goal"; your "mine" will always produce "gold".
If you simply take the time to work your mind, each thought that you have is a gold nugget that can turn your thoughts into gold when your mind is filled with goals. f you have never stopped to write down your goals, stop at this every moment and write them down. Make sure you clearly define them. Do it now! Take out that sheet of paper and begin to write. If you struggle, that is OK. At least you have begun and that is the most important thing that you can do. There is no perfect time. There is only now.
You will never reach a goal unless you start. A dream can only be manifested when you put it into action. You must immediately start acting "as if" the goal has already been achieved. A dream without action is only an illusion. ACT means Already Came True.
Johnny's Pizza was first only a dream. Louisiana Plastics was first only a dream. Glenwood Hospital was first only a dream. Delta Airlines, West Ouachita Little Boys Football, West Monroe Boys' Club, Twin City Ballet, Brown Paper Mill, the Hakim brothers' businesses, and many other businesses, churches, and careers were first only dreams.
Whose mind will mine the next big dream? Will it be yours?
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing email@example.com.