Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Biedenharn presents outdoor concert
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Biedenharn presents outdoor concert|
Reserve your seats now to see "Strike Up the Band: From Tragedy to Triumph" on Thursday, October 15 at 7 pm under the skies of ELsong Garden at the Biedenharn Museum & Gardens. Seats are $15. Advance reservations may be made with payment in the Museum Store or by calling (318) 387-5281.
Local favorite Corey Trahan along with Tynan Davis and pianist Cathy Venable will present a theatrically enhanced presentation of popular music from the 1929-39 era of American history to coincide with Louisiana's 2009-10 statewide artistic tribute to The Great Depression. Gershwin's Summertime, Porter's It's De'Lovely, showstoppers from Rodger's Oklahoma, Kern's Showboat and a patriotic tribute composed by Irving Berlin are a few of the selections that will be featured.
Corey Trahan, a native of Monroe, is active in opera, musical theatre and recital venues. Trahan earned a Bachelor of Music from Louisiana State University and the Master of Music degree from the University of Houston, both in Voice Performance. Trahan is currently studying with Metropolitan Opera baritone, Mark Oswald, in New York City.
Mezzo Soprano Tynan Davis is establishing a reputation as a vibrant, entertaining performer in opera and musical theatre alike. Davis is an alumna of The Children's Chorus of San Antonio and a graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University. She currently lives in New York City but happily calls Texas and Louisiana home.
Cathy Venable, a Tulsa, Oklahoma native, moved to New York City in 2003. Since then, Cathy has served as a pianist for numerous Broadway musicals. Also a flutist and a mezzo-soprano, Venable holds a Bachelor's Degree in Piano Performance from Northwestern University and a Master's Degree in Accompanying from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
For a full schedule of upcoming events, visit www.bmuseum.org. The Biedenharn Museum & Gardens is located at 2006 Riverside Drive and the Coke Museum and Museum Store are located at 2000 Riverside Drive in the Monroe Garden District. The museums and store are open 10 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday, and 2 pm to 5 pm Sunday. For more information, please call (318) 387-5281.