Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Wossman hosts West Ouachita Friday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Wossman hosts West Ouachita Friday|
The Wossman Wildcats (1-4) and the West Ouachita Chiefs (1-4) will go head-to-head this Friday night to begin district 3-4A play at Wossman Wildcats Stadium.
Each team is coming in with a string of losses they would soon like to erase from memory with the beginning of district play, which many coaches refer to as "the second season."
Wossman is wanting to start fresh following another loss against the Caldwell Parish Spartans, 16-15.
Trailing by one point with 7:50 remaining in the contest, the Wossman defense forced a fumble, which gave Wossman a first down on their own 24-yard line.
Caldwell stuffed the Wossman defense and held on for the one point victory.
West Ouachita will begin district play this week after their own fourth consecutive defeat.
The joy of a home victory over Class 5A Pineville in week one is long gone and only the bitter taste of defeat lingers after a 20-12 home field loss to Tioga.
A four-yard touchdown pass from quarterback T.J. Murphy to starting running back Billy Minnifield was the first touchdown after Tioga jumped out to a 13-0 lead. Minnifield added a rushing score for West Ouachita in the third quarter of play to pull the Chiefs to within eight points.
While the Chiefs defense showed improvements and held Tioga scoreless in the fourth quarter, the West Ouachita offense never found the goal line.
The defense of West Ouachita will have a fast and gutsy group of Wildcats to face this week and there are offensive and special team woes to correct this week as well.
"On defense, we need to do a better job of staying in our gaps," West Ouachita head coach Mitch Thomas said. "We certainly need to improve our kicking game as well."
Murphy passed for 191 yards and the Chiefs were limited to just 27 yards rushing on the night.
The Wossman defense against the West Ouachita offense will be the most interesting for the casual football fan because it will be a test of which unit can overcome their recent woes and put together a complete four quarters of football and turn the ship around for one of the area teams.
ESPN 97.7 FM will broadcast the game beginning with a pregame show at 6:30 p.m.