Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Richwood opens district play against Greenwood
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Richwood opens district play against Greenwood|
The Richwood Rams (2-3) begin district play sky high against Greenwood following a 20-0 route of favored 4A contender Ruston (4-1) last week.
Richwood gained 223 yards rushing including 129 yards on 29 attempts and quarterback Anthony Abrams ran for 77 yards on 15 carries to add to a 15-yard touchdown throw to senior wide receiver Marcies Davis on a classic fourth down play in the third quarter.
Akeem Caesar scored on an 8-yard run to give the Richwood Rams a 6-0 lead after a 12-yard, 68-yard drive that tired the vaunted Ruston defense.
After that drive, the Richwood defense continued to dominate Ruston's offense, which never sniffed the end zone.
Justin Young scored on an 8-yard touchdown scamper and followed with a two-point conversion to end the scoring in a win that ended a three-game losing streak at Richwood.
By this time, the former Class 5A contender, who as recently as 1998 were playing for a Class 5A championship, were completely out of the running.
Now comes a Green Oaks team which is 2-3 on the season and has the opportunity to present a tougher rushing challenge than what Ruston took to the field last week.
Richwood is continuing to do what they do and make adjustments and corrections that need to be better for continued success.
"Just keep it simple," was the key Richwood head coach Warren Trimble said. "We just need to keep working hard and get better."
Green Oaks is lead by running back Toney Davenport who is currently averaging 81.5 yards per game this year and was the most explosive back in Shreveport in 2008 with over 160 yards rushing per contest.
Green Oaks has lost three in a row after beginning the year 2-0. Last week, Red River High School blew past the Giants 42-22. Green Oaks and Richwood each have a loss to Calvary Baptist.
In the first two games, Green Oaks averaged 38 points per game. The last three weeks have seen the Giants score just 10 points per game and they scored 8 points against Calvary and Mansfield combined.
With the running game fairly strong, the Richwood offense could be prepared for a big night rushing again as the GOHS run defense has been eaten up the last month or so.
Kickoff in Shreveport is scheduled for 7 p.m.