Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks defeats unbeaten Trinity
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|River Oaks defeats unbeaten Trinity|
River Oaks Mustangs (6-1) squeaked by previously unbeaten Trinity of Mississippi 27-25 during the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools contest last Friday. The win now sets up an important trip to Riverfield Academy in Rayville this Friday night with a 7 p.m. kickoff.
In the home victory over Trinity, Ryan McGregor completed 9-of-13 pass attempts for 188 yards along with one touchdown and one interception. McGregor also recorded 12 of the team's 168 yards of rushing and scored a touchdown on the ground as well.
River Oaks scored to take a 27-19 lead in the fourth quarter. but Trinity quickly scored a touchdown run to pull to within two points.
A two-point conversion pass was intercepted by John Rockett in the end zone to give the ball back to the Mustangs with four minutes remaining in the contest. Rockett recorded 9 tackles in the game and Stephen Bragg lead the Mustang defense with 13 solo tackles and 16 total tackles in the contest.
Vincent Moore lead the River Oaks rushing attack with 67 yards and one touchdown on 10 carries.
Moore assisted in putting the game away further with a big 30-yard reception on third down during the final four minute drive following the Rockett interception that sealed the deal for River Oaks.
This week Riverfield (5-2) hosts River Oaks in an important MAIS matchup.
Riverfield has already clinched a playoff spot and has a powerful rushing attack.
Brandon Rogers, who had a touchdown run against Riverdale, will be the most prolific runner in the Riverfield arsenal this week.
The starting offensive line also is big and physical up front. They are lead by the play of Jason Jarrett, Reid Rockett, Blake Branch, Patrick Johnson, Logan Cantu and Logan Moore at tight end.
Defensively, the team is lead by Randal Crawford, who grabbed an interception at Riverdale, and keeps making big stops each week for the Raiders.
Moore is the top receiver on the squad and will be dangerous enough in long yardage situations for the River Oaks defense to have to stand up and take notice of him early. Dakota Moss has also been a top target for Riverfield this season.
Physical play and more attention to detail is something River Oaks coaches are looking for out of their squad with the playoffs on the horizon.
"We have to keep getting more physical," River Oaks head coach Robert Hannah said. "Offensively we need to continue to execute."
The game will be broadcast on the radio beginning at 7 p.m. on KMLB 540 AM.
For information on the school or the athletics program, go online to www.romustangs.com.