Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS plays Delhi Charter
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS plays Delhi Charter|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles (3-2) will open district play against the Delhi Charter Gators in their first 2009 district contest following a 41-25 loss at Calvary Baptist last week.
Calvary jumped out to a 17-0 lead before the Eagles made a comeback and found their offensive punch to make some noise against the Cavaliers.
Calvary was leading just 20-12 at halftime before the Calvary passing attack showed some holes in the OCS defense.
OCS work to fix some holes in the special teams and practice converting kicks that failed on Friday. They also had some missed tackles on kickoff returns they will have to correct before district play begins.
Delhi Charter (2-3) got back in the win column with a 39-8 victory over Tensas (0-4) last week.
"We have to execute on both sides of the ball," OCS head coach Steven Fitzhugh said.
"Winning after losing three in a row is always good," Delhi Charter head coach Brett Raley said. "The kids responded and played real well all night."
Delhi Charter will present a larger rushing attack than most of the teams OCS has played this year. The spread shotgun passing attacks of Calvary and Sterlington will be a distant memory come this Friday night.
Ricci Gray lead the Gators with 97 yards and two touchdowns on just four carries to pace the DCS rushing attack.
Quarterback Gabe Robin completed 6-of-7 pass attempts for 85 yards and one touchdown. The scoring toss was in the second quarter to wide receiver Kent Speight for his first touchdown reception of the season.
Delhi Charter will be going into this game expecting to face a juggernaut offense that has put up big passing numbers this season behind the arm of quarterback Paul Michael Garner.
"The big challenge for us is their passing game," Raley said. "They have 25 different formations they run. (Garner) reads the defense so well for a first-year starter. They are just real impressive all the way around."
Delhi Charter will likely spend additional time working the defensive backfield in 7-on-7 drills to prepare for the high-flying Eagles.
"We will work them hard this week," Raley said. "Maybe one of them will be able to jump on a route and create a turnover."
Delhi Charter must score and avoid turnovers to keep pace with a team that, like them, made the Class 1A quarterfinal round last season.
"With our offense we have to protect," Raley said.
"We talked about this, we are really four fumbles away from being four and one right now."
Running back Randy Julian could be returning this week after missing four games with a leg injury. He hopes to get back and make an immediate impact for the Delhi Charter offense.
KHLL 100.9 FM will have a live broadcast of the game with a scheduled 7 p.m. kickoff.