Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Museum plans Garden Path lecture
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Museum plans Garden Path lecture|
The Biedenharn Museum & Gardens will welcome Ashley Higginbotham as the featured speaker for the October Garden Path: Container Gardens.
The lecture will be held at noon and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 20 in the Education Building adjacent to the Coke Museum.
Higginbotham will offer tips on planting terrariums, Wardian cases and tabletop gardens. Higginbotham is currently president of The Monroe Garden Study League and a member club of The Garden Club of America.
She is an accredited horticulture judge in the GCA, past president of the Monroe Garden Club, member of the American Camellia Society, the American Orchid Society, past chairman of Keep Monroe Beautiful, member of the Friends of Black Bayou and a Master Gardener.
Her garden was featured on HGTV's Gardener's Diary in 2001 and in Delta Style. She writes a monthly newsletter entitled "The Potting Shed" which includes seasonal gardening tips, new plants, a calendar of events, and recipes for busy gardeners for MGSL.
Admission is $10. Seating is limited.
Advance reservations may be made with payment in the museum store or by calling 387-5281 or 807-3210.
For a full schedule of upcoming events, visit www.bmuseum.org.
The Biedenharn Museum & Gardens is located at 2006 Riverside Drive and the Coke Museum and Museum Store are located at 2000 Riverside Drive in the Monroe Garden District.
The museums and store are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 2-5 p.m. Sunday.