Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: DOTD District 05 Administrator John Kelly dies
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|DOTD District 05 Administrator John Kelly dies|
John Kelly, District 05 Administrator for the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), died last night after suffering a heart attack. He was 54.
Kelly started his career with DOTD in 1979 and had served as the district 05 administrator since February 2007.
"John was a respected leader in the department, and the DOTD staff will miss his contributions," said DOTD Secretary William D. Ankner. "He will be remembered most for his dedication and for what a genuinely good person he was. He cared immensely about his service to the public, and the department has been fortunate to have such a devoted professional as part of its organization for nearly 30 years."
"Through John's dedication and concern, he was instrumental in helping the districts in Southeast Louisiana during the days immediately following Hurricane Katrina," said DOTD Assistant Secretary of Operations Connie Standige. "He spent many hours organizing work crews and equipment, as well as procuring fuel and materials, to help clear the roads after the storm.
"In addition, when my family's house had flooded from the hurricane, he opened his home to my sons. He will be sadly missed as both a co-worker and a friend," Standige said.
A native of Ruston, Kelly graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Louisiana Tech University in 1979. He began his career with DOTD as an engineer-in-training the same year, and began to rise through the ranks. Over the years, he served as the district's assistant construction engineer, assistant district maintenance engineer and district maintenance engineer. In 2007, he was promoted to oversee DOTD's District 05, headquartered in Monroe.