Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Fred hosts LaSalle in homecoming tilt
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- October 30th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- October 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- October 25th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- October 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 16th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- October 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 11th, 2009 (Sunday) - 4 articles
- October 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- October 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 4 articles
- October 3rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- October 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|St. Fred hosts LaSalle in homecoming tilt|
The St. Frederick Warriors hope for a repeat of their preseason game against LaSalle High this weekend, as the Warriors take the field against the Tigers in regular season play.
The Warriors will celebrate homecoming with Friday night's game, which comes on the heels of a squeaker against Lake Providence, which saw St. Frederick pick up a hard-earned win, 15-14 over the Panthers.
In that game, St. Frederick looked set to fall until the Warriors recovered the football, one touchdown behind and inside the two-minute warning.
A couple of quick plays found the Warriors deep in the red zone and the team capitalized, scoring a touchdown to put them in striking distance.
With less than a minute on the clock, St. Frederick head coach Paul Guerriero rolled the dice and told quarterback Nick Leehy to go for two points.
Guerriero's bet paid off big, as St. Frederick picked up their third win of the season, bringing their overall record to 3 and 1.
Friday night's matchup against LaSalle will hinge on the Warriors' ability to move the ball against a tough LaSalle defense.
Though LaSalle is 1-3 in regular season play, the Tigers have managed to put the skids to tough driving offenses.
Guerriero said the Warrior offensive line knows the stakes and can deliver. A homefield advantage and Homecoming crowd should help, Guerriero said.
"With homecoming, our kids are excited about homecoming week and all the people, the alumni who are returning," said Guerriero.
He said Warriors have been working hard to overcome some early-game mistakes to avoid nailbiters in the last quarter.
"Offensively, we've got to make sure we score when we get inside the redzone," Guerriero said. "We've been inside the red zone 15 times this year and come away with no score. Either we fumble it or turn it over."
Those squandered opportunities have the potential to cost the Warriors, so Guerriero said he has impressed the importance of making big plays early.
"We've got to be able to cash in on those things early in the game so that the game doesn't come down to just having to make the play at the end of the game to win," Guerriero said.
Guerriero cautioned against chalking up LaSalle as an easy win, noting the impressive defense the Tigers mount when they take the field.
"Every time we play LaSalle, it's always a chore for our guys to step up and see how we are going to be able to rush the ball against their defense," Guerriero said. "We expect their defense to be hitting on all cylinders."