Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Carroll looks for second win Friday
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- September 26th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 25th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 19th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- September 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Carroll looks for second win Friday|
The Carroll Bulldogs (2-0) continued their great start in the 2009 campaign with a 23-12 win over their arch-rival, the Wossman Wildcats (1-1) Friday night at the Dog Pound.
The "2009 Baby Bayou Classic" saw Carroll quarterback Xavier Gray put on a masterful performance as he completed 6-of-15 for 69 yards and three touchdowns.
Gray spent most of his playing time Friday night spreading the football around to many different receivers as he threw touchdown passes to three different teammates against Wossman.
Gray also rushed for 39 yards on 21 carries to add to his big night of offense for Carroll.
"It was real big for our team to win in that way," Carroll coach Jackie Hamilton said. "The kids played real hard and we made some plays."
Gray threw for a 22-yard touchdown pass to Tyree Hollins in the first quarter to open up the scoring. Herderius Scott ran in from 33 yards out on the ensuing possession to tie the score at 6-6.
The rushing touchdown was the third score in the last two weeks for Scott.
Cordell Collins caught a second-quarter touchdown pass from Gray to give the lead back to the Bulldogs. Wossman would soon fall further behind when a errant snap on a punt sailed out of the back of the end zone for a safety and a 16-6 lead for Carroll.
One of the keys to a Carroll victory Friday was the defensive effort that yielded a safety and two sacks against Wossman quarterback Emanuel Abrams.
Abrams was sacked twice for a loss of 13 yards that helped set the Wildcats back in bad field position.
This week while Wossman takes a bye week, Carroll will hit the road to visit Peabody Magnet (2-0).
The Warhorses opened the season with a 40-0 victory over Bolton and the offense and defense will both give Carroll a challenge this Friday when the teams meet for a 7 p.m. kickoff.
Most fans will be keeping their eye on the Carroll defense and whether they can keep the Warhorse offense out of the end zone long enough for the Carroll offense to find their rhythm.