Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Bastrop comes calling in Richwood
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- September 26th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 25th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 19th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- September 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Bastrop comes calling in Richwood|
The Richwood Rams continued to impress in every aspect of the game this week as they opened up their Louisiana High School Athletic Association football regular season Friday with a 46-0 shutout of Vicksburg, Miss.
The Richwood defense dominated from the opening kickoff and forced six Vicksburg fumbles.
A close game at halftime where Richwood led just 12-0 eventually turned into a route when Richwood began to run through, around and over the Vicksburg defense.
"We made some adjustments at halftime and executed well," Richwood head coach Warren Trimble said. "This week we will have to work on tackling better and I want to see a better effort on every play,"
Richwood wore down the Vicksburg defense and put up a whopping 34 points in the final two quarters to turn a close contest into a route in a matter of minutes.
Trimble and the Richwood coaching staff have been displeased with the way the Rams have handled themselves in practice and not taking every play seriously.
Trimble said he wants his players to take more pride in playing as a Richwood Ram and that the team worked all week on getting in the mindset of never taking a play off no matter who the opponent is.
Running back Greg Hudson and quarterback Anthony Abraham have been consistent senior leaders that have played up to the hype of a team many expect could be the best northeast Louisiana Class 3A squad in 2009.
They will get a true test this week when Class 4A powerhouse Bastrop (1-0) comes to town.
Bastrop has reached the Class 4A title game three of the past four seasons and has taken home the gold three times under Brad Bradshaw.
Bradshaw has young, athletic talent with little big game experience on the squad this year, but they romped Arcadia in the opening week, 36-0.
Darren Anderson took over at quarterback and threw two touchdown passes while running back Xavier Robinson rushed for a pair of scores against the Arcadia Hornets last week.
"They are real well coached," Trimble said. "They may not be the Bastrop of old, but Coach Bradshaw does such an outstanding job of coaching those kids up each week."
The contest will kickoff at Rams Stadium at 7 p.m. Friday.