Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Carroll, Wossman clash Friday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- September 26th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 25th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 19th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- September 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Carroll, Wossman clash Friday|
The Carroll Bulldogs (1-0) and Wossman Wildcats (1-0) renew one of the best rivalries in Ouachita Parish this Friday night.
Carroll seeks to avenge a 20-12 loss to Wossman in last season's contest.
Neither team has tasted the playoffs recently and the game will surely have a playoff atmosphere during the showdown this week.
With many returning letterman, Carroll proved last week that they are not just all hype as they routed Lake Providence 44-28.
"It was real big for our team to win in that way," Carroll coach Jackie Hamilton said. "The kids played real hard and we made some plays."
Senior quarterback Xavier Gray recorded three passing touchdowns, including two to Josh Tarver in the game. Cordell Collins also caught a 28-yard strike for a touchdown.
The quickness of the Wossman defense concerns Carroll. The Bulldogs look to get improved offensive line play to contain the pass rush and utilize the fine passing skills of Gray.
"This rivalry will come down to who wants it most," Hamilton said. "It could very well come down to the last drive like in the past."
Hamilton also stated that controlling the clock and not turning the football over is important for his team this week. Carroll wants to get more reps for the offense this week and less reps for the defensive unit."
"The defense played a lot more than we expected," Hamilton said. "Wossman can really score the football. They run in and out real fast on defense and they will get after you."
Wossman seems to be even more explosive on offense after first-year head coach Dale ZImmerman guided the Wildcats to a 64-0 blowout victory over Madison Parish Friday night.
Wossman quarterback Emmanuel Abrams threw three touchdown passes and Herdurius Scott scored two rushing touchdowns to pace Wossman.
Wossman recorded 287 yards rushing, including a 20-yard touchdown run by Danterius Zeigler in the first half.
The Wildcats expect a much tougher test for their defensive unit and will have to find a way to slow down the Carroll passing attack.
Wossman coaches will surely find some mistakes in the offense and fine tune a unit that dominated from the opening whistle against Madison last week.