Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rams play Mississippi team in Friday action
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- September 26th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 25th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 24th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- September 23rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- September 19th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 18th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 17th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 16th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 15th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 10th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- September 9th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- September 6th, 2009 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 3rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- September 2nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 1st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Rams play Mississippi team in Friday action|
The Richwood Rams scored early and often in a 26-7 jamboree victory over the Sterlington Panthers at Rams Stadium in Richwood Friday night.
Richwood dominated both offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage with their size and strength advantage as they wasted little time in getting out in front after a long touchdown run by starting running back Greg Hudson.
"I thought we kept our poise," Richwood head coach Warren Trimble said. "That is something that we discussed after our game last week. I think we moved the ball effectively and played as a team."
The Rams also got great defensive play and were in the Sterlington backfield for most of the night. That does not mean the coaches did not find things to correct in practice this week.
"We got out of position on that first score they had a long pass," Trimble said. "That is what jamborees are for. We will get that corrected."
This week the real fun begins as the LHSAA regular season begins and the Rams will step out of the state and bring the Vicksburg, Miss. Gators to Richwood for a 7 p.m. kickoff this weekend.
Vicksburg got two weeks to prepare for the Rams as they began their regular season on August 21 with a 47-6 loss to Ocean Springs before getting a bye week last Friday night.
Richwood will be working on their specific assignments this week in practice while also improving their offensive line play and defensive awareness.
"We have to keep blocking and tackling well," Trimble said. "Vicksburg is a good team. They have good skill players and we have our hands full this Friday night."
Quarterback Cameron Cooksey runs the offense of the Gators that lead the team to a 10-3 record. and lost in the second round of the Mississippi Class 4A playoffs last season.
Cooksey's favorite target is lanky wide receiver Alventray Tarleton with whom he connected on a 61-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter in their opening game against Ocean Springs, Miss.