Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Six teams, three games, one action-packed day
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Six teams, three games, one action-packed day|
The 2009 Bayou Jamb will feature a day-long celebration of food, music and football in the Grove outside Malone Stadium.
Jonesboro-Hodge and Oak Grove kick off the day's action, with a 4 p.m. start time.
The game schedule makes a bit of a shift this season as the West Monroe Rebels and Rayville Hornets will meet for the first time in modern history at 6 p.m. The final game of the evening features the Neville Tigers battling their long-time district rivals, the Bastrop Rams. That game will kickoff around 8 p.m.
ULM is a good venue to go play in," West Monroe head coach Don Shows said. "The fans get to see three games for one price. I hope it makes us more prepared for the season opener. When you have teams like Jonesboro-Hodge, Bastrop, Neville, Oak Grove, Rayville, and us, it is a good representation of the quality of football in this area."
Bands will be playing on the main stage all day and face painting and a play area will be available for all kids to enjoy once again this year.
The Grove activities will begin on Aug. 29 at noon. Tailgate spots are open to purchase for $100 for the entire day. Gates to Malone Stadium will open at 3 p.m. and the Oak Grove Tigers will begin the action by facing the Jonesboro-Hodge Tigers at 4 p.m.
Youth can still register for the NFL Pepsi Punt, Pass & Kick Competition which will be the first event of the 2009 Bayou Jamb at ULM's Malone Stadium on Aug. 29.
The Punt, Pass & Kick competition is being sponsored by the Louisiana Army National Guard. Check-In will be held at Brown Stadiumon the morning of the competition from 10-11 a.m. with the competition beginning immediately afterwards. The competition is free and open to all boys and girls ages 8-15 on Dec. 31, 2009.
Pre-registration is required by Aug. 26, 2009. Forms can be picked up at H. Mickel's Sports in both Monroe and West Monroe, Best Buy in Monroe, and Academy Sports in West Monroe. Forms and regulations can be downloaded at bayoujamb.com
Each registration form must have a copy of the child's birth certificate attached in order for the child to compete. Each child will receive a t-shirt from H. Michael's Sports. The top three in each category will win trophies and every participant will be recognized during halftime of the West Monroe vs. Rayville game.
Local winners will move on to compete at an assigned Sectional Competition to be announced in October or November.