Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: YMCA offers youth football program
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|YMCA offers youth football program|
Registration is under way for children ages 5-12 to play flag and tackle football during a free camp presented by the YMCA.
The YMCA will hold a registration day at the University of Louisiana-Monroe's Malone Stadium from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 22. At 10 a.m. that day, Warhawk football players and coaches will hold a free mini-clinic for interested youth.
The season starts in September. The purpose of Gra-Y athletics is to teach kids the skills of the game while reinforcing the YMCA's four core values of honesty, caring, responsibility and respect.
Flag Football is for youth ages five through eight. It offers younger children the chance to learn about football and teamwork while sharpening their skills.
The registration fee is $55 and includes the game jersey.
Tackle Football is for players 9 to 12 years old. For most of the participants it is a first taste of "real" football, with the equipment, rules and plays mirroring those used in high school.
The registration fee is $65 and includes the game jersey. The equipment is not included.
Registration ends Aug. 28. To register at the Saturday event, parents should bring the registration fees and the child's birth certificate.
For more information or to register online, go to www.ynela.org. For questions, call 387-9622.