Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Police jury receives 'good' audit
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Police jury receives 'good' audit|
For the fourth consecutive year, the Ouachita Parish Police Jury received a favorable audit of its finances.
Francis Huffman with Luffey, Huffman, Ragsdale & Soignier CPAs conducted the police jury's audit for the 2008 fiscal year, which ended Dec. 31.
The audit was presented to the police jury Monday during its regular meeting.
The police jury's net assets total $260.6 million, the audit said. Of that amount, $193.1 million was restricted or invested in capital assets, which include "land, buildings, equipment, infrastructure and all other assets of tangible nature."
"You had an unqualified opinion on the financial statements of the police jury, which is what you are looking for each year," Huffman said. "This is a very good report."
At the close of the 2008 fiscal year, the police jury's governmental funds reported combined ending fund balances of $64.9 million, an increase of $1.8 million over the prior year, according to the audit.
The police jury's general fund had a balance of $6.8 million at the end of the 2008 fiscal year. The police jury ended the 2008 fiscal year with a $155,000 surplus in its general fund.
Other major fund accounts for the police jury include Public Works, Fire Department, Public Library, Green Oaks Detention Center and Ouachita Correctional Center.
At the end of the 2008 fiscal year, the Public Works fund had $3.9 million; fire department, $10.2 million; Public Library, $10 million; Green Oaks, $7.2 million; and OCC, $9 million.
Both Green Oaks Detention Center and OCC posted deficits at the end of the 2008 fiscal year. Green Oaks's deficit was $509,166, while OCC recorded a $365,729 deficit.
The Ouachita Parish Fire Department and Public Library both showed surpluses at the end of the 2008 fiscal year. The fire department marked a 986,807 surplus while the public library's was $412,016.