Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: LifeShare plans two blood drives in West Monroe
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|LifeShare plans two blood drives in West Monroe|
LifeShare Blood Centers will host a community blood drive Friday, Aug. 21, and Saturday, Aug. 22, to collect needed blood for its supply.
On Friday, LifeShare Blood Centers will set up at West Monroe Wal-Mart from 2 p.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, people can donate blood outside Hooters Restaurant in West Monroe from noon-4 p.m. All blood donors will receive 10 free wings.
LifeShare Blood Centers of Northeast Louisiana serves 12 parishes and a few counties in southern Arkansas. It is the only blood supplier in the region.
"We encourage as many people as possible to come out and donate so we will have the blood needed," said Laurie Ditta, donor recruiter for LifeShare Blood Centers.
"We try to make it as convenient as possible," Ditta said. "We always tell people that you never know when the next person who will need blood will be someone you love."
Donors must be 17 years or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. Donors also must have picture identification at the time of donation. Donors will be asked to provide basic information such as their name, address, age and Social Security number. Each donor's medical history is recorded and a drop of blood is analyzed for red blood cell level. Each donor's pulse, blood pressure and temperature also are checked during the donation.
Donors could help as many as three to four patients with one donation.
Blood drives are routinely held at churches, businesses and civic organizations. Any church, business or civic organization that would like to schedule a blood drive should call LifeShare Blood Centers at 322-4445.
For more information about donating blood, visit www.lifeshare.org.