Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Chennault renovations under way
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Chennault renovations under way|
Chennault Golf Course's $400,000 improvement project is scheduled to be completed by October.
The city of Monroe officially held groundbreaking ceremonies Monday at the golf course, located at 8475 Millhaven Road. The city owns the course.
Georgia's Southeastern Golf will oversee the renovation project at the Chennault Golf Course and Practice Facility.
Construction on the practice facility began Aug. 5. Construction of the on-course renovations began Aug. 10.
The project is expected to be completed by Oct. 30.
The entire golf course will be shut down during renovations.
Phase one of the project consists of a new multi-functional practice facility, which will include a 7,000-square-foot putting green, 3,500-square-foot chipping green with sand bunker, four target greens located on the driving range and three target short game practice areas with a synthetic turf teeing area.
The 34-year-old greens also will be renovated and changed to TifDwarf Bermuda, which is one of the more popular turf greens in the United States.
Tee renovation will consist of improved drainage and laser leveling of the tee surface. The greens turf will be Tifway 419 Bermuda to provide a level playing stance from anywhere on the 65,000 square feet of tee space.
Also, 12 sand bunkers will be placed strategically throughout the course to make it more challenging.
City leaders say a more challenging course will help Monroe compete for additional traveling tournaments.
Golf Digest recently named Chennault Golf Course one of the "best places to play" among municipal courses in the United States.